Who We Are
Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) exists to deliver on the Kentucky National Guard’s commitment to Families of the Fallen. SOS connects you with people and resources that can help you cope with your loss and move forward.
The SOS teams provide services through active case management and are advocates for Survivors, conduct outreach and events, manage benefit and life milestones, coordinate delivery of services, provide referral, and develop and maintain partnerships with community agencies and Non-Government Organizations that provide support to Survivors.
SOS demonstrates the Army’s commitment to Families of the Fallen by providing support and standardized services to Active, Reserve, and Army National Guard Families. SOS is a holistic and multi-agency approach to delivering services and support to Survivors in their local communities.
What We Do
- Sustain a comprehensive multi-agency program that improves Soldier and family preparedness in the event of a catastrophic loss
- Maximize cooperative efforts within the National Guard casualty and family programs
- Extend support to Families both before and after a crisis by maximizing cooperation between government and non-government agencies
- Ensure survivors receive all benefits to which they are entitled
- Encourage our survivors to remain an integral part of the National Guard family for as long as they desire
Survivor Services Coordinator
124-A Minuteman Parkway
Frankfort, KY 40601-6168